We’ll go over how to download and install visual studio code on the Windows operating system in this post.
There are many IDEs (Integrated Development Environments) available for each programming language’s development. Visual Studio Code one of them. It is a lightweight and strong source code editor.
It has an large ecosystem of extensions for other languages (such as C++, C#, Java, Python, PHP, Go) and runtimes (such as .NET and Unity).
In this article we will cover these topics : –
- How to Download Visual Studio Code for Windows ?
- Why Visual Studio Code ?
- Install VS CODE in Windows ?
- How to Setup Visual Studio Code?
- Features of Visual Studio code.
How to Download Visual Studio Code ?
- Go into your browser and Type visual studio code download .(Visual Studio code download link)
2. Click on first link .
3. Click on download for windows .
Why Visual Studio Code ?
Fix errors as you code
When you code, Visual Studio Code suggests ways to complete lines of code and provides simple fixes for common errors.
Code to learn
Are you new to coding? To help you find coding patterns and learn quicker, Visual Studio Programming shows keywords in your code in various colors.
You may also use features like IntelliSense and Peek Description to better understand how functions operate and how they connect to one another.
Make it yours with custom themes and colors
You can customize the look and sound of VS Code by selecting your preferred fonts and icons, as well as hundreds of color themes. Check out this video on how to customize VS Code.
Compare changes in your code
To stop making progress, use the built-in source control to save the work over time. Compare copies of the code at various points of time using a graphical side-by-side view. See this short video to learn how to get a side-by-side “diff.”
Collaborate and code remotely
Using the free LiveShare extension, communicate online with your professors or classmates.
Update and debug the code in real time, and use the talk and call tools to ask questions and work on ideas. You should invite several people to enter your session and code together, whether you’re working on a group project or teaching a class.
How To install Visual Studio Code ?
- Go to Downloads folder , Right click on setup and click on OPEN.
2. Accept terms and conditions and click on Next.
3. Click on Next.
3. Click Install to install visual studio code.
4. Now Vs Code is Installing. Click Finish after process is completed.
How to setup VS Code ?
It is easy to configure Visual Studio Code to your liking through its various settings. Nearly every part of VS Code’s editor, user interface, and functional behavior has options you can modify.
VS Code provides two different scopes for settings:
- User Settings – Settings that apply globally to any instance of VS Code you open.
- Workspace Settings – Settings stored inside your workspace and only apply when the workspace is opened.
Workspace settings override user settings. These settings are specific to a project and can be shared across developers on a project.
- Open Vs Code.
2. Click on File and click on Open Folder
3. Choose a folder where you want to save your files.
4. Now Visual Studio Code is ready for use.
Features of vs code.
- Basic Layout of the VS Code :-
- Editor – It’s where you’ll edit your files the most. You can open as many editors as you want, both vertically and horizontally, side by side.
- Activity Bar – It’s on the far left side of the road. When Git is allowed, it allows you to switch between views and provides additional context-specific indicators, such as the number of outgoing changes.
- Status Bar – It includes information about the currently open project as well as the files you are editing.
- Sidebar – Contains various views, such as the Explorer, to aid you in your project work.
- Panels – Below the editor area, it shows various panels for output or debug information, errors, and alerts, as well as an integrated terminal.
Features provided by VS Code : –
Visual Studio Code Support maximum modern Programming languages. VS Code is lightweight and should run on most available hardware and platform versions.
VS Programming is first and foremost an editor, and it takes pride in having a tiny footprint. Unlike conventional IDEs, which contain all but the kitchen sink, you can adapt the installation to the construction technologies that are important to you.
After reading the platform guides, be sure to read the Additional Components issue to learn how to customize your VS Code installation.
You can review the System Requirements to check if your computer configuration is supported. VS Code provide various features for a specific programming language. Few of them are:
- Linting and corrections : Linters issues alerts when code appears to be unsure. While VS Code lacks a built-in linter, there are numerous linter extensions available in the marketplace.
- Highlighting Syntax and matching bracket : The color and style of source code shown in the Visual Studio Code editor is decided by syntax highlighting.
- Smart Compilation or IntelliSense : Code completion, parameter information, quick information, and member lists are all part of IntelliSense, which is a set of code-editing features.
- Extensions : Extensions interact with VS Code’s UI, commands, and task execution systems, making it simple to work with various technologies through VS Code’s shared interface. See what’s available in the VS Code extension Marketplace.
- Visual Studio Code include code navigation (Go to Definition, Find All References), debugging, and refactoring.
Thank you for visiting and reading this blog post. We hope this post was helpful for you. If this post is helpful , please share this post.
Give your feedback and possible suggestions in comments to help us. Keep visiting our website to get helpful posts and updates.