how to install kali linux in virtualbox without any error.
This guide is about how to install kali linux in virtualbox or virtualizing Kali Linux inside of VirtualBox, enabling you to have a Kali VM. This is a perfect way to use Kali, since it is entirely different from the host, helps you to communicate with other VMs.
- Before continuing installation , you must first allow virtualization in your computer’s BIOS Settings.
- Also Check – How to Install Kali Linux in VMWare Workstation Player.
Minimum Requirements :
- Minimum 20GB of Hard Disk is required.
- 1GB of RAM is required for i386 and amd64 architectures.
- Virtual Box or VMWare or alternative Virtualization Software.
Steps we will follow in this article –
- Download and install Virtual Box.
- How to Download and install kali linux in Virtual Box ?
What is Virtual Box –
A free and open-source x86 hypervisor built by Oracle Corporation is Oracle VM VirtualBox (formerly Sun VirtualBox, Sun xVM VirtualBox and Innotek Virtualbox). It was founded by Innotek in 2008, and was purchased by Sun Microsystems in 2010.
VirtualBox can be built on Windows, macOS, Linux, Solaris and Open Solaris. There are also FreeBSD and Genode ports. It includes support for developing and managing the Virtual Machines and Minimum Virtualization for Windows, Linux, BSD, OS/2, Solaris, Haiku and OSx86 visitors.
A “Guest Add-ons” collection of computer drivers and system applications is available for certain guest operating systems, usually to increase performance, in particular graphic systems.
A virtual machine VirtualBox can use the previously generated disks in VMware or Microsoft Virtual PC and its own native format. VirtualBox can be connected to iSCSI targets and raw host partitions via virtual hard disks as well.
It emulates IDEs, ICH6 controllers, SCSI, SATA and SAS controllers that can be connected to hard disks. VirtualBox imitates IDEs and SAS controllers.
VirtualBox offers support for graphics by default with a VESA compliant virtual graphics card. Include a special video driver for Windows, Linux, Solaris, OS/2 guests which increases video output and provides additional functionalities, such as the automatic adjustment of your game resolution by means from virtualized WDDM drivers to resize the VM windows and desktop composition.
1.How to Download and how to install kali linux in virtualbox ?
As you are installing in a virtual world with these instructions, you need to make sure you have a device installed. In this article we use VirtualBox as a virtualization tool that is easy to use for open source.
- To Download Virtual Box , Click here and Click on Windows Host.
- Open Virtual Box and click on next.
- After installation competed , Click on Finish.
2.How to Download and installing kali linux in virtualbox ?
Kali Linux inside Virtual Box installation is very easy and simple. After downloading the .iso image, create a new virtual machine and import Kali as its OS.
Step – 1. Creating Kali Linux virtual box container –
- Download : To Download Kali Linux .ISO file Click here. Go to the Downloads page of Kali Linux and find packages that can be downloaded. Download the 64-bit or 32-bit version also, depending on the machine you have.
- Create VM : Go to Virtual Box and Click on New to create new Virtual Machine.
- Name and OS : Name the OS and select OS type and Make sure the information matches the package you downloaded and click Next.
- Memory : Choose how much Memory you want to allocate to VM . For Linux, the default configuration is 1024 MB. This, however, varies depending on the specific requirements.
- Hard Disk : Default option is Create a virtual hard disk for VM. Click create to continue.
- Storage on a physical hard disk. Decide between Dynamically allocated and Fixed size. The first choice allows the new hard disc to expand and fill the available space. The second, fixed scale, starts with the maximum power. Click Next .
- Set the maximum amount of file data that the VM will store on the hard disc. We recommend giving it at least 8 GB of space. To end, click Create.
- Now we created a Kali Linux container. Let’s we configure it.
Step 2. Configure VM settings –
The next move is to configure the default configuration of the virtual machine. Follow steps given below :–
- Click on Settings icon . and go to General>advanced and change shared clipboard and Drag’n’Drop to Bidirectional. This option allow us Copy and Paste between host and guest.
- Go to processor and select number of processors you want to allocate to your Virtual Machine in the same way.
- Go to Storage and add kali Linux image to a storage device under Controller: IDE. Than click on search and close this window.
- Click on start to start your Virtual Machine.
Step – 3. Installing Kali Linux –
After you booted the installation menu by clicking Start, a new VM VirtualBox window appears with the Kali welcome screen.
- After start , VM window appear with Kali Linux welcome screen. Now Kali Linux installation begins.
Select the Graphical install option.
- Select your language.
- Configure location.
- Configure Keyboard Language.
- Setup the network.
- Create a domain name.
- Set up users and passwords.
- Configure Clock.
- Go to the Guided –use entire disk option.
- Then, select which disk you want to use for partitioning.
- After that, choose a partitioning scheme. Choose All files in one partition if you are a new user.
- The wizard starts installing Kali Linux.
- Configure the package manager accordingly your preferences. If you’re using an HTTP proxy, fill in the proxy detail. Otherwise, press Proceed and leave the field blank.
- When the message Installation is complete appears, press Continue to reboot your virtual machine.
- You’ve now completed the installation of Kali Linux on VirtualBox. The Kali login screen appears after rebooting. Fill in your username and password from the previous steps.
Finally The installation is completed. You can use Kali Linux as a guest VM in your system.
Thank you for visiting our website and reading this blog post. We hope this post was helpful for you. If this post is helpful , please share this post. Give your feedback and possible suggestions in comments to help us. Keep visiting our website to get helpful posts and updates.